GOVERNMENT AID FOR SMALL BUSINESSES DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS
The government has responded to the Coronavirus pandemic on every level: federal, state, city and local. Particularly for small businesses, there are a number of programs that have been set up to provide relief for owners and employees.
- See the highlights of the 883-page federal stimulus package bill that was passed late last week. Get info regarding the Paycheck Protection Program, Employee Retention Tax Credit and more: Federal COVID19 Response
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is now accepting applications for Disaster Loan Assistance for COVID-19 Economic Injury. Details here: SBA COVID19 Relief
- The City is offering eligible small businesses with fewer than five employees a grant to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months to help retain employees. Many businesses have already begun to receive grants! Apply here: SBS COVID19BizGrant
- The SBS Small Business Continuity Loan program is available to NYC businesses with fewer than 100 employees that can demonstrate at least a 25% decrease in revenue as a result of COVID-19. Eligible businesses can apply for an interest-free loan up to $75,000: SBS Loan
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is supporting small businesses by providing local business resources such as loan assistance, sales tax measures, and other relief information. Access their resources here: BK Chamber COVID19
- Free business assistance webinar on Fri., Apr. 3 at 10a, for restaurants and cafes currently open for delivery or takeout, via a local consultant. Register now by Thu., Apr. 2: http://bit.ly/COVID19Consultant
Find these resources and much more at our website, fabfulton.org, where you can find a regularly updated list of Coronavirus assistance programs and services.
OTHER SOURCES OF SUPPORT
We’ve compiled information on many private sources of funding and assistance available to businesses at this time. Be sure to check our updates where you’ll find details and application info on loan and grant programs such as:
- Facebook is offering $100M in small business cash grants and ad credits
- Verizon and LISC have established a fund to provide grants of up to $10,000 to businesses facing immediate financial pressure because of COVID-19
- If your business employs bartenders, share the details of a Bartender Emergency Assistance Program, funded by the USBG National Charity Foundation.
SAVE THE DATE!
Our next Merchant Mixer will be a virtual affair! Please plan to join us on Wednesday, April 15 for an online chat with the new FAB FULTON Executive Director, Christina Chavez. She’ll be on hand to introduce herself and meet everyone, provide updates about the BID’s work during the Coronavirus pandemic and address some of your small business needs and questions.
Invitations with all details will soon go out via email; please be sure we have your correct contact info — you can email us at email@example.com.
UPDATES ON FAB FULTON SITES
Keep up with all the latest developments regarding programs and resources available to small businesses by accessing our website, fabfulton.org.
Log on, go to FAB NEWS and click the tab named “Coronavirus News For Businesses – Updates” to navigate the list of up-to-date information compiled from various government agencies, media reports and elected officials. Scroll to the bottom for the latest additions. We’re working hard to keep this list as current as possible, so please check back often.
ABOUT FAB FULTON
The Fulton Area Business Alliance (FAB FULTON) is a non-profit organization that advocates for and collaborates with small businesses and property owners along Fulton Street in Brooklyn’s neighborhoods of Fort Greene and Clinton Hill to maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming community while securing resources and partnerships for initiatives that enhance and promote the district.
This post contains links to the articles and information referenced in our latest FAB BIZ BLAST email communication. You can subscribe to future newsletters; sign up here for the FAB FULTON BIZ BLAST to get the latest information and resources for FAB FULTON Businesses!