Fulton Area Business (FAB) Alliance
Job Description: BID Operations Assistant (Part-Time)
The Fulton Area Business (FAB) Alliance (FAB Fulton) is a Business Improvement District (BID) working on behalf of property owners, merchants, residents, and stakeholders along Fulton Street in Fort Greene and Clinton Hill—from Rockwell Place to Classon Avenue (plus adjacent blocks of Lafayette, Greene and Putnam Avenues). Goals are to retain current businesses and to make this area of Fulton Street a clean, safe, and retail diverse environment that is a destination for people to work, shop, dine and play.
The FAB Fulton BID is seeking a seasonal part-time BID Operations Assistant to support programming, events, and streetscape projects in the district. The Operations Assistant will also assist in business outreach, marketing & communication, coordination with community partners for special activities and events as needed, and other activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with event planning, logistics, set-up, and break-down
- Assist with producing and curating digital and print marketing materials for events and district promotion
- Work with streetscape maintenance and horticulture contractors to respond to district beautification needs and projects
- Outreach to BID businesses and community members (in person, emails, phone calls)
- Assist with data collection, entry and verification
- General program support as needed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office and Google Drive) and social media platforms
- Strong interest in community development and BID work
- Current or recently matriculated college or graduate students are encouraged to apply.
This position is part-time: 20 hours per week (+/-), for roughly 16 weeks (June – September 2022). Hourly Rate: $20/hour. Work will be in the district office or in the field. Occasional evening and weekend work required. The position does not include Health Care benefits.
To apply: please send a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “BID Operations Assistant” in the subject line. Accepting applications until the position is filled.