THE FAB OUTDOORS
In “Reopening NY,” we’re at the eve of Phase 3, which signals the launch of personal care services like nail salons, tattoo shops, and spas. Phase 1 and 2 have already seen the return of most hair salons, barbers, limited retail, repair/cleaning and offices. While everyone from business owners to customers is anticipating being able to visit their favorite businesses again, the information regarding opening changes almost daily, from the perspective of compliancy, at the local, state and federal levels. We’ve tried to highlight some of the most urgent details here:
- The Open Restaurant Program: you can apply for temporary outdoor dining seating to allow social distancing during COVID-19 recovery. See the latest regarding requirements for both sidewalk and roadway seating here. You should have also received this brochure with detailed siting criteria. (If not, we can bring one by!) The brochure includes important NYS Liquor Authority guidance, for on- and off-premise service.
- This is KEY: if you have outdoor seating present, you MUST apply for approval from the NYC DOT (post it visibly in your window), and you MUST be in compliance with all guidelines, specifications and requirements. Agents have already been deployed to issue written warnings; non-compliance within 24 hours of warnings carry a $1,000 fine.
- In his July 1 press conference, Mayor De Blasio noted that indoor restaurant/bar seating scheduled to return during Phase 3 openings would be pushed back and NOT occur on July 6, due to concerns amid a national coronavirus resurgence.
- Safety Plans and Guidelines: the State requires a written re-opening safety plan and affirmation of the industry guidelines for your sector, for all businesses. Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce has a comprehensive directory of all the links in one place; check it out here.
- Please continue to stress the importance of wearing masks and practicing social distancing amongst your customers. Contact us if you need any display signage or other resources.
Continue to access our Business Updates here for the latest official developments and available resources; the page is updated regularly. Contact us if you have any questions regarding reopening!
FAB FULTON BUSINESS SURVEY
We’re consistently trying to better serve, support and promote our business community, and in order to do so, we need to update our information. Please complete this quick survey of descriptive designations regarding your FAB-area business. If you have any questions, please reach out at email@example.com. Access the survey here.
PPP EXTENSION: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
APPLY NOW FOR THE BRING BACK BROOKLYN LOAN AND GRANT PROGRAM!
Borne out of the Brooklyn Chamber’s Bring Back Brooklyn Fund drive, the BBB Loan and Grant program, administered through Brooklyn Alliance Capital (BAC), is now accepting applications. The Fund provides no-interest recovery loans and grants for personal protective equipment (PPE) to small businesses in Brooklyn to support COVID-19 relief efforts and renew our Brooklyn neighborhoods.
Grant funds will be allocated to approved vendors for the purchase of PPE and/or deep cleaning services and earmarked for approved businesses based on their statement of need. Loan funds will be dispersed directly to qualifying businesses who meet BAC’s underwriting standards, and upon the execution of binding loan agreement with the Brooklyn Alliance Capital. Both grant and loan funds are limited, and 65% of the total loan funds must be allocated for Minority/Women and/or Immigrant-owned businesses. Loan sizes will range from $500-10,000.
Check out all the requirements and eligibility criteria here and apply today!
SUBMIT “WE’RE OPEN” VIDEOS TO NEWS 12 BROOKLYN!
Is your business open? Send local news station News 12 Brooklyn a video showing how you’ve adapted to meet the new social distancing guidelines. Record a tour of your location and they may use it on the air! Include your name, contact info, the name of your business and location; upload your video using the form here.
A SPECIAL DEAL FOR FAB BUSINESSES
LOG-ON Printing offers lots of solutions for your re-opening, to keep your employees and customers safe. For a limited time, FAB FULTON businesses can get 20% off any plexiglass shields, wall vinyl, window vinyl, floor vinyl, pop-up banners or posters and 10% off any promotional safety items (masks, hand sanitizer, touchless door openers, etc). Have a look at their Re-opening Capabilities Guide here, and contact Jonathan Korn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about products or orders.
ABOUT FAB FULTON
The Fulton Area Business Alliance (FAB FULTON) is a non-profit organization that advocates for and collaborates with small businesses and property owners along Fulton Street in Brooklyn’s neighborhoods of Fort Greene and Clinton Hill to maintain a safe, clean, and welcoming community while securing resources and partnerships for initiatives that enhance and promote the district.
This post contains links to the articles and information referenced in our latest FAB BIZ BLAST email communication. You can subscribe to future newsletters; sign up here for the FAB FULTON BIZ BLAST to get the latest information and resources for FAB FULTON Businesses!